Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Good and Bad

Things have been hectic here for the past week or so.  Hence the lack of blogging.  I would just get a post written, only to have the very thing I was writing about change.  The week has been full of good things and bad things, and for the most part those things have resolved themselves.

As you know, I'm a government employee (contractor) and that meant that I was facing furlough.  Never has the news coming out of Washington DC interested me as much as it has in the last month.  When someone else's decisions can affect your financial future, it makes for interesting watching.  They of course passed a temporary resolution late Friday night, and are working on writing the new budget for the year into law.  I'll be honest, part of me is relieved that I am working today, and part of me is a little bummed not to have gotten a day or two off.

Then there's my dad.  He's scheduled for surgery to repair his aortic aneurysm tomorrow.  I'm really nervous about this, and didn't really want to write that last sentence.  Somehow telling all of you what he's facing makes it seem more real.  So I've been avoiding putting it into words and making it concrete.  But it is what it is.  We find out this evening what time he'll be wheeled into surgery tomorrow.  After the surgery is performed he'll be in the ICU for a time to make sure all his vitals stay where they should be.  I really don't want to see my dad in ICU.  It was hard enough seeing him in the hospital the beginning of March.  As always, prayers and positives thoughts are welcome.

And finally, to end this post on a positive note, we started on the nursery this weekend!  I've picked out a bed set, and we painted the walls.  The Husband is not so sure about the color I picked, but I'm happy with it.  When I get home I'll post a picture so you can check it out.  It was a fun weekend.  My parents came up to help with the painting, and I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with them.

1 comment: