Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

She's Here!

Anna was born at 9:36am on Monday morning.  She weighed in at 8 pounds 9 ounces and was 20.5 inches long.  She is absolutely beautiful, and me and The Husband love her to pieces!

We were released to come home from the hospital Thursday, and that's about the time I got the stomach bug from hell.  We've been trying to take care of me, and Anna since, and battling guilt as we discuss breastfeeding and formula due to the fact that I've been to sick to nurse since we got home.  We were able to get a used breast pump, so it looks like Anna will be able to get some breast milk by bottle, and then we'll supplement with formula.

It's been a rough first week, but I promise to post the birth story soon.  Right now I'm focusing on getting better and learning about my little one.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new baby girl!!

    Also, sorry you've been sick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Sad about the sick and nursing thing. It is so rough. I have had to tell myself repeatedly: some is better than none. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRAUTLATONS (again)!!! I am SO sorry you've been sick :( Don't feel better about the nursing, Kakunaa is right- some is better than none and as long as she's eating and growing, that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete