Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Getting closer to meeting Baby Girl

Well, today is the big day.  Or rather the lead up to the Big Day.  Tonight I go to the hospital to start the induction process.  I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous as heck!  In the past two months so many "caring" moms have told me their birth stories and other peoples horror birth stories that I've got all these images in my brain that won't go away.  I mean, really, was that necessary?  Did they have to do it because it was done to them?

And to jump off on a tangent here, you know how many judgmental people are telling me that they would never have an induction?  I've heard: to many risks; it's not natural; wait for the baby to decide when she's ready; and my favorite, just relax and it will happen.  I'm 8 days past due people.  Screw relaxing, screw waiting on her timeline, and screw natural (honestly with the Femera, it wasn't really a natural conception anyway, why should her birth be all natural?).  I'll take the risks, I want my Baby Girl out!

Ok, tangent over.  Besides being nervous, I'm so super excited!  Baby Girl is going to be here soon!  I can't wait to hold her, and then scold her for taking so long to come out.  The Husband is excited too, although he's trying to hide it.  If I didn't know him better, I'd be really peeved about his attitude.  But it's the same face he presented when we were getting married: happy indifference.  Also, I think he is nervous about the labor and possible c-section.

Off to watch some Vampire Diaries to kill time until tonight.

3 comments:

  1. You'll forget about to scolding! I am SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR YOU! I hope that the labor and delivery process is as smooth and quick as possible and I cannot wait to hear that baby girl is here and see a picture! Thinking about you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness congratulations!!! You might already have sweet baby girl in your arms as I type this. Hope everything is going well and I can't wait for a full report.

    And you mean they keep telling you to relax even after you get pregnant?!? WTF?

    Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that's the last update???? How is the new family? How is your baby girl???

    ReplyDelete