Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sunscreen

Remember this song?





I came across the lyrics for this song while stumbling last night, and it really got me thinking.  Thinking about what a difference ten years can make in a person's life.  Thinking about the person I was when I first heard this song.  Thinking about the person I am now, and all that I've gone through to get here.  The good, the bad, the ugly (admit it, you knew it was coming), the happy.  Thinking about what I wish I could go back and tell myself at 18, that might make my journey a little easier.  Thinking that I'm not sure I really want to change what happened to me, because all of those ten years have made me who I am.  Falling in and out of love, going to college, meeting the professor who quite possibly saved me (another post for another day), growing up, finally meeting the man of my dreams. . .

I loved this song at 18.  It made sense to me then.  I thought, I've got the world handled, I know it all.  It makes me wonder what I'll think when I listen to this song again in another 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment