Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I love my job, I love my job, I love my job. . . .

Things that are bugging the shit out of me RIGHT NOW:
  • Stupidity.  BCC means blind carbon copy.  Blind means that the recipients of your email can't see the list of people it was sent to.  No, you do not need to test it by sending me something BCC.  Again.  I'm pretty sure that the people who invented BCC knew what they were doing.
  • Getting mad at me for doing my job.  Yes, it used to be your job, but you fucked it up, so they gave it to me.  I didn't ask for it, but I am going to make sure I'm better at it.  That's just the person I am.
  • Telling me how hard your job is now.  No, it isn't.  It used to be my job, and I did it just fine.  You've been here 10 years longer than I have.  You did this before I got here.  Suck it up and be grateful you have a job in this economy.
  • Telling me how it isn't fair for you to "only" make $40k. Bite me.
  • Just because we share an office does NOT make us BFFs.  I do NOT want to hear about your bodily functions, or for that matter hear your bodily functions.  There are things that I will never get out of my head now, thanks to you. 
  • When you tell me about these bodily functions I may look interested, but that's because I'm a nice person on the outside.  On the inside, I'm taking notes and trying to remember as much as I can so I can tell my husband when I get home.  We laugh about you, A LOT.
  • I realize that most people in this office don't see our department as one of the important ones.  I'm usually ok with that, as it means management doesn't bother us as much.  But when we ask for help, it's because we need it, not because we are lazy.  Please don't ignore us.
Ok, I feel better now.  And, honestly, I'll try to post something positive next.  I really will.  I just had to unload all of my frustration today.

No comments:

Post a Comment