Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I knew that pregnancy came with it's own special kind of body changes.  I was expecting most of them.  The stretch marks I wear like stripes of accomplishment, even when I whine about them.  The leaky boobs mean that my body is trying to make food for the little one.  The big stomach is her safe haven for the next nine weeks.  I can even get used to the stranger ones, like my normal freckles turning into huge spots, or the itchy rash that I cannot get to leave my elbows.  Honestly, if that's what it takes to make this baby, I'll deal with it!

But then Sunday happened.  And quite honestly, I think I found a pregnancy change that I'm not loving.  I was driving home from The Husbands parents, and I kept getting this hair falling into my eye.  I'd take off my sunglasses, brush my eye, pull my hair back, and then two minutes later, that same hair is back.  Since I was driving, I couldn't find the offender and deal with it, so I waited until we got home and grabbed a mirror to find the evil hair.

It was my eyebrow.  I had a three inch hair growing out of my eyebrow.  WTF?  How is that normal, even pregnancy normal?  And three inches?  I've been walking around with old man hair in my eyebrows for how long?  AACK! 

So, since I'm not going to claim that my body would do something like that without the benefit of pregnancy, we are going to call this a nasty pregnancy symptom, and hope that it never ever comes back.

1 comment: