Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Spoiled? Yes. But also incredibly grateful.

I had a baby shower last Saturday.  It was beautiful and fantastic and so surreal.  I couldn't believe how many people were there to help me celebrate my little miracle.

My friend threw the shower, and it was so well put together.  I'm still waiting on pictures to be emailed to me, but when I have them I'll make sure to post some.  I swear this friend could be a party planner (I don't know why I was so surprised actually. . . .She was the one who planned my wedding, and it was fabulous as well!)

When my friend was planning the shower she asked about what I would and would not like.  The only rule I gave her?  To not be too baby focused.  I know, tough rule.  But the infertile that's still inside me couldn't stand that my shower might hurt someone else.

All together, it was a nice shower.  No dorky baby shower games (although there were games), the food was wonderful (so they tell me, I just ate the watermelon), and the people who showed up made me smile.

I'll post pictures when I get them.

Oh, and as to why I'm spoiled?  This shower was one of three.  My next shower is July 16, and the final shower is August 5th.  Yeah, I'm spoiled, but so incredibly grateful for the opportunity to be spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment