Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring

Remember how I promised a positive, happy post?  Here it is!

On Saturday I set out to clean up my gardens for spring.  Yes, it was still February, but it was such a beautiful sunny day!  I started in my front yard and pulled out all of the winter detritus.  And you know what I found?  Hyacinths and tulips poking an inch above the ground. 

Proof:

What a fabulous surprise!  Out of the frozen earth, from underneath blankets of leaves and snow, life arrived.  What beautiful symbolism, and a ray of hope.  I'm awed every spring by this renewal of life.  My faith in a higher purpose, in God, is reborn with the fresh life and soft green of spring. 

Spring may not quite be here officially, but I took so much from seeing those small shoots of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment