Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Acupuncture

So last week I got sick of being in pain, and made an appointment with the chiropractor.  Who also does accupuncture.

I went in last Wednesday for my first appointment, and I was really nervous.  Having some guy adjust my back, and stick needles in me?  It was starting to not seem very logical.  I didn't get any adjustments that day, just acupuncture.  And I started feeling better.  My back didn't hurt as bad.  And that night? I slept so soundly I almost missed my alarm.  Which for me was amazing. 

I went back last Friday for my second appointment.  I had more acupuncture done, got to lay on this amazing massage table, and then got adjusted.  Pure bliss.  The whole 45 minutes I was there were great.  I left his office feeling so much better (which is why I then worked myself to the bone over the weekend).

I had my third appointment last night.  Honestly, I am in love with accupunture.  It's so relaxing, and calming.  The acupuncturist (is that a word?) said a lot of people fall asleep during treatments.  I'm pretty sure I think too much to have that happen.  But being able to lay down for 20 minutes, uninterrupted, is heaven.

So far we're just doing some basic balancing of my chi, but next week when my cycle starts up again for real, we're moving in to fertility help.  Hear that ovaries?  You're days of being lazy underachievers are over!  I'm throwing Eastern and Western medicine at you next week. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying the acupuncture. If you bring an iPod of soft music and get them to turn the lights out, you're likely to fall asleep during treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart my chiro! The acu never worked for me, but, to be fair, my insurance ran out long before it had a chance. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha, I'm actually not sure what its going to cost yet. They are running it through my insurance first to see what they will pick up. I'll let you know when I find out though. At least my insurance is good for something!

    ReplyDelete