Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patricks Day

I've got a blog in the works for tomorrow.  Just thought I'd throw that out there and give you fair warning!  It's going to be another rant.  About a book I just read, and how it deals with infertility.

St. Patrick's Day.  It's another holiday that America has taken as their own.  We're not quite sure about all the surrounds it (at least I'm not) but we dutifully wear green on March 17 every year.  And that's what hit me about this holiday today. 

Wearing green.  Of course we wear green Amber, I can hear you saying.  But as I was sitting on the bus this morning (haha, another green moment.  ok, that was lame, forgive me) I was struck by the different types of people wearing green.  The people who work at the LDS Church Office Building had green ties, or green pins.  The maintence guy had a green shirt under his coveralls.  Students had green anything and everything.  And it amazed me that all of these different types of people could come together like this.  Without even stopping to think about the enormity of it all.

Think about it: Republicans and Democrats who don't agree on much both wear green on St. Patrick's Day.  People of different faiths wear green.  The rich, and the poor wear green.  I even saw a homeless guy with green on today (Although that may have been his only shirt.  Work with me though, I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy).

It may sound silly, but when I stopped and thought about it, it made me smile.  And it made an otherwise uneventful Wednesday a little nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment